Blockchain 101 Course Outline
This 90-minute course is intended for anyone interested in learning the basics of blockchain for the legal industry, including attorneys, firm or department management, Chief Information Officers, Chief Technology Officers, Chief Security Officers, IT professionals, Knowledge Management leaders, paralegals, information resource professionals and others.
Part 1: What is blockchain?
- How does it work?
- What are the key differences between the various blockchains?
- What about Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies?
- Public vs. permissioned.
- Security issues.
- SEC and other regulatory issues.
- The blockchain – AI intersection.
Part 2: Why does blockchain matter?
- Why use blockchain?
- How is it better than a database?
- What does it do?
- Use cases: How does blockchain help?
- How can you get started well?
- Access to the GLBC Blockchain Sandbox.
- Additional resources for further study and exploration.
Part 3: Blockchain Q&A.
Part 4: Interactive workshop.
- How can blockchain help you and your organization?
- Minimum 90 minutes recommend
- Part 1: 30 minutes
- Part 2: 30 minutes
- Parts 3 & 4 combined: 30 minutes
CLE credits are not currently available for this course. However, we will be happy to assist with your efforts to qualify for program CLE credits.
Location: Onsite or Webinar
- Live webinar:
- No cost to organizations in the GLBC.
- $1,500 for organizations not in the GLBC.
- Your location:
- No cost to organizations in the GLBC except for travel costs.
- $2,500 plus travel costs for organizations not in the GLBC.
High-quality written materials and resource lists will be provided to all attendees.
Ready To Learn?
Please complete the form below if you are interested in scheduling a session for your organization. We will respond within 48-hours.